so darn fun, and very very true.
eeek! is this for real??
- There are 2 Million members of PETA in the world
- In 2009, PETA impounded 2,366 animals.
- 2,301 were killed, 8 were adopted.
- That’s not anywhere close to 2006’s numbers: out of the 1960 cats impounded 1942 were killed, out of the 1030 dogs impounded 988 were killed.
- From 2000-2009 PETA has killed 21,537 animals (that’s over 5 per day.)
- PETA kills any animals it deems “Un-adoptable.” They have no specified criteria for this designation.
- PETA’s annual budget is 33$ Million dollars. Less than 1% is spent on actually helping animals. The majority of their budget is spend on ad campaigns, including very expensive but rejected Superbowl ads. They have given 70,000 dollars to Rodney Coronada, a convicted arsonist. They have also given thousands more to convicted bombers, thieves and whale boat attackers.
- PETA has protested The National Cancer Institute, and NASA.
- PETA has long standing ties to Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front, both of which the FBI has classified as ” Serious domestic terrorist threats.”
- PETA spokespeople are often hypocritical: Jenna Jameson has been photographed wearing leather, Kimora Lee uses fur clothing in her fashion line and Pam Anderson drives cars with leather interior.
- PETA founder Ingrid Newkirk admitted to killing thousands of animals in shelters to prevent them from being abused. She killed dozens a day in the 1970’s. She was also sterilized at the age of 22 because she opposes giving birth.
um, actually my dream bed.
female ‘the hangover’???
i think so.